Horses lend us the wings we lack.


In riding a horse we borrow freedom.

The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.







Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Our first show... setting the bar

Back from our first show of the season! Apparently, according to my friend, I was suppose to set the bar low for my first show, so there is room for improvement. Unfortunately that will be a hard target to reach.  We got reserve champion!  Out of a class of 24 - an unusual large turnout, we managed a 2nd place in our first course, a 1st place in our second course and a 2nd place in our third course.  The hack class we totally bombed, but what do you expect when an averaged sized outdoor ring is full of 24 horses... mostly ponies and I am on one of the biggest horses out there. Yes, I almost ran over a pony in our canter (the ponies brakes were better than ours) and yes, I was on the wrong lead (oops), but there wasn't enough room to concentrate! I was trying to keep everyone alive!  Well, I guess there will be room for improvement after all.... hahaha. I am so proud of Eddy, he lived up to his show name, Steady Eddy. Someone even joked that he was drugged.... no! just "chilled" and I am just fine with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment