Horses lend us the wings we lack.


In riding a horse we borrow freedom.

The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.







Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Rodeo Bound

This weekend I am riding in the Wiarton Rodeo. This is my first rodeo. My friends DD and Mark participate annually and this year I have been invited to join the festivities. We have been rounding up western tack and gear all week to look the part (we don't think our dressage saddles just won't fit in). We are taking up three horses, camping at DD's parents farm and going to have a weekend of fun! Perhaps I'll even get my dirtbike-riding boyfriend to ride my horse in an event! I am hoping that the rain will hold off, but what the heck, if it doesn't we will still be riding. Afterall, we are endurance riders at heart! Pictures to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment