Horses lend us the wings we lack.


In riding a horse we borrow freedom.

The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.







Saturday, May 15, 2010

Rain, rain and more rain.


This week has been a week of rain and more rain. I gave in trail riding to arena work and schooling. Fun! Oh well I guess we had it pretty easy in March and April, so Mother Nature is making it up to us. My week of working on my cross country course did not go as planned. I did however get my weekly lesson in. I rode Rio again last night. Was he ever patient with me. I was not myself last night and riding was a struggle. I felt like I had two bodies- my upper and lower bodies were not connected. I was all over the place. Luckly Rio, who usually has little if not any patience, was more than willing to be patient with me as he tried to figure out what the heck I was asking. My problem- I was trying too hard! My lower legs were bouncing all over the place, my upper body leaning forward in the saddle and gosh knows what else. Thank goodness my coach was more than willing to help me! It wasn't all bad though. Last year I would have probably ended up in tears not being able to accomplish anything, but I have gained a lot of confidence now and realize there are some days when things just don't work! I am pretty sure I am in desperate need of a chiro and massage. Good thing I have one booked for next week. Ending the lesson off- I was able to somewhat achieve haunches out. Not bad! I need practice. I have homework to do--- practice riding with no stirrups, transitions using on the seat, turning in and out of the pilons using only my seat and bareback- lots of bareback! I will let you know how my homework comes along!

1 comment:

  1. Homework? I thought you were all finished with that. Maybe you should call it "barnwork"

    ReplyDelete