Horses lend us the wings we lack.


In riding a horse we borrow freedom.

The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.







Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The "ah ha" moment.

Any rider will appreciate the  ah ha moment.  The moment when you and your horse finally move together as one rather than two entities trying to sync with each other and end up going in completely wrong directions. After struggling to learn how to jump and ride a rather sensitive horse all in one, I have finally reached the ah ha over a jump. Turns out trying too hard, giving your horse too much freedom to do what they want  and then pulling them up at the wrong moment and not riding with enough leg just doesn't work when guiding them to the fence. Hats off to my coach who has helped me find my way. All I wanted was this ah ha moment, and I think I got it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment