Horses lend us the wings we lack.


In riding a horse we borrow freedom.

The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.







Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sold! and Sold!

If you would have asked me a year ago- trade my dressage for a jumping saddle- no way!  Keeping an open mind was one of my goals when I started to take up jumping last spring. A lot of the jumping philosophy is quite opposite as to what I grew up with, but I decided that to be a more well rounded rider, it was best to keep an open mind and try new things that I generally was opposed to do.  The past few months, my addiction to the thrill of jumping has sky rocketed and my need or desire to ride in my dressage saddle has dissipated.  Why? I don't know. I guess I was in need of a change and a new challenge. Though my old ways are still what I preach, I take pride in my new love of jumping and to embrace it I sold my loving dressage saddle and have purchased my first close contact saddle.  Oh, did I mention last week I jumped 2'9" for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment